httpd-dev mailing list archives

From CustomerC...@BestBuy.com
Subject Re: Apache warning: Connection refused: connect to listener
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:32:20 GMT
Alex,

Thank you for contacting Best Buy with your computer inquiry. I'm Jenny with Customer Care.

We'd be happy to help you with your computer question, however, this level of technical support
is beyond our capabilities to service via e-mail. So that we may give you the most thorough
and accurate information, please call us at 1-888-BESTBUY (1-888-237-8289). Upon reaching
the automated menu, please press option 2 and then option 3 again.   Our top-rate computer
support technicians will be happy to assist you with your technical problems.

Have you seen our latest Hot Deals? For everything from notebooks and desktops to music and
movies, find hot values on the products you need. New offers are added constantly, so be sure
to check and re-check our exciting Hot Deals.

We look forward to your next visit to one of our stores or to www.BestBuy.com. Please do not
hesitate to contact us with additional questions or concerns.

Best wishes from Best Buy,
Jenny and the Customer Care Team

TRACKING NUMBER: A00002209745-00008300143

     -----Original Message-----

     From: jwoolley@apache.org
     Sent: 29 Sep 03 23:24:26
     To: modssl@althepal.com
     Cc: modssl-users@modssl.org, dev@httpd.apache.org
     Subject: Re: Apache warning: Connection refused: connect to listener

     On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Alex Hart wrote:

> I just installed Apache/2.0.47 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.47 OpenSSL/0.9.7b in
> my server (freebsd 4.8) and everything seems to be working fine. I
have
> apache configured to serve both secure and insecure pages.
>
> However, I keep getting the following line in my error log file
> (thousands of times):
>
> [Wed Sep 24 12:51:15 2003] [warn] (61)Connection refused: connect to
> listener
>
> I have thousands of these warnings now in just a couple of days. I
can't
> figure out any pattern to them. I get this warning even when I don't
> have any activity going on with the web server.  It also happens if I
> don't have any SSL virtual hosts set up. I notice no problems with any
> web pages, secure or not.
>
> When I recompile apache without mod_ssl, the warning goes away.
>
> I've scoured the Internet but I can't find a thing about this warning.
> Does anyone have any idea about why this is happening?

Okay, here's a couple of things for you to check on to help me track
down
what's going on (I'm cc'ing dev@httpd in case anybody else has guesses).

 1) Is your server compiled with -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT?
 2) Which MPM are you using?

    You can find out the answers to both of these by running ./httpd -V
    from /usr/local/apache2/bin or wherever your httpd binary is
    installed.  For example:

    root@deepthought:/root/apache/test/bin# ./httpd -V
    Server version: Apache/2.1.0-dev
    Server built:   Aug 12 2003 16:43:24
    Server's Module Magic Number: 20030213:1
    Architecture:   32-bit
    Server compiled with....
     -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/worker"
     -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
     -D APR_HAS_MMAP
     -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
     -D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE
     -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
     -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
     -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
     -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
     -D HTTPD_ROOT="/root/apache/test"
     -D SUEXEC_BIN="/root/apache/test/bin/suexec"
     -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
     -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
     -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
     -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"

Thanks,
Cliff