httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: ScriptLog
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2003 22:13:25 GMT
On 06/09/2003, at 11:43, Astrid Ke├čler wrote:

> Cliff wrote:
>
>> Yes, it would.  But for a debug log it's a price I'm willing to
>> accept.
>
> Just an unformed idea: allow these directives within <Directory> (and
> <Location>?), but not within .htaccess files. The log file could be
> opened as usual.

Hmm, yeah, but this won't help with the problem Cliff is facing, I
guess: he is probably logged into apache.org and wants to debug a
script he's developing right now, so (pre-)enabling it in the server
config makes no sense. It'd be really nice to have the possibility to
enable script/rewrite logging 'on the fly' without any changes to the
config, besides a AllowOverride option (and with the downside of
opening/closing the logfile per request).

Or do you possibly think about something similar to the following:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ ...
<Location /cgi-bin/debug>
    ScriptLog ...
    ScriptLogBuffer ...
</Location>

where you'd have a dedicated sub directory to test your scripts. Hmm,
why not?

Cheers,
Erik