httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/conf httpd-std.conf.in
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:09:57 GMT
jwoolley@apache.org wrote:

> jwoolley    2003/09/28 09:27:24
>
>   Modified:    .        configure.in
>                docs/conf httpd-std.conf.in
>   Log:
>   "Listen 80" just works now, using v4-only, v6-only, mapped address
>   or non-mapped address.

so --enable-v4-mapped and one "Listen <port>" gets you one listening
socket that handles v4 and v6 and IPV6_V6ONLY socket option is used when
available/as appropriate, and --disable-v4-mapped and one "Listen
<port>" gets you two listening sockets, one for v4 and one for v6, and
the IPV6_V6ONLY socket option is used when available/as appropriate?

(longing for the days when I knew how to explain to non-experts how to
know how many listening sockets they had and/or when the accept mutex
was actually used)