httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: URLs containing colon: Win32 vs. Linux
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:34:59 GMT
André Malo wrote:

> Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
>> Does anybody have a quick answer, like "can't have colon anywhere in
>> uri path" or  "we're busted" or something else?
>>
>> URL is http://127.0.0.1:8080/dobedobedo;session=0:0
>>
>> dobedobedo doesn't really exist
>>
>> Apache 2.0.47 on Win32:
>>  -> 403 (no reason logged)
>

> Can't have colon in filepath.

It isn't intended to be a filepath, but just maybe we assume it is
before we get far enough for a module that handles the object to tell
the core server that.  Unclear.

>It's probably apr_filepath_merge in
> server/core.c:ap_core_translate (cannot verify from here).

That was my top suspect.  I'll see if I can build on Windows and fix the
logging in this area.

But, in the real world failure the module which is supposed to handle
this has a translate hook (pretty darn sure) and would ordinarily handle
that stage as long as it knows it is supposed to handle that request.
And we don't seem to be getting that module's translate hook called.
But I am pretty fuzzy in the operation of that module, so better tracing
should probably be my first goal so there is no doubt where it is failing.