httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Aryeh Katz" <ar...@secured-services.com>
Subject allocator is NULL if I use heap buckets
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:42:56 GMT
I've encountered the following issue with my module development, and I was
wondering if I could get a pointer.
I'm writing an ouput filter that must write independent data like mod_status or
mod_info.
Rather than using rputs and the like, I used the brigade code.
What I'm seeing is, if I allocate my data bucket using transient buckets, all is
fine.
However, when I allocate a heap bucket, allocator (and ONLY allocator)
somehow becomes NULL when the time comes to destroy the brigade
(which causes a seg fault).
I am using the bucket_allocation function from the connection, and
APR_POOL_DEBUG set to all didn't show any pool life problems.
Is there something I can look at to find out why I am having bucket lifetime
problems with heap buckets, or should I just stick to transient buckets.

Aryeh
---
Aryeh Katz
Secured-Services Inc.