httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Knight <Christopher.D.Kni...@nasa.gov>
Subject pool interface for shared memory?
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 23:55:38 GMT
I would like to be able to use the existing apr_hash_t type with shared
memory. To do so, I'd need to wrap a block of shared memory with an
apr_pool_t type. It seems to me that this should be possible but
reviewing the pool code, it appears it would not be possible without
modifying pools code, perhaps to add a way to create an allocator that
would take a block of existing memory in as input? I'd be interested to
hear your ideas/suggestions and I'd be happy to slog some code...