httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo>
Subject Re: lifetime of r->user in 2.0 tree
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 15:08:32 GMT
Aryeh Katz wrote:

>There is a comment in protocol.c which states that the lifetime of r->user is
>per connection. Yet, the code only allocates from the request pool.
>Tracing this back, I see that in the 1.3 tree, the allocation is in fact from the
>Can someone explain why the user information's lifespan was changed to per
>connection to per request? (not to mention updating the misleading comment
>in the 2.0 tree).
The request is independent from the connection. I'd count the storage of
the request user in r->connection in 1.3 as wrongly designed.
The second is a technical reason. In 2.x connection and request are
*really* separated, so storing the user in the connection structure
would be even more problematic.

View raw message