httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Anthony Howe <ach...@snert.com>
Subject Re: apr_global_mutex_child_init & mod_watch
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 09:37:57 GMT
> flock is used on FreeBSD by default...  flock requires that chmod be
> done on the lock in the child init

As an aside, why is flock() used on FreeBSD? It has SysV like mutexes
and POSIX ones too (at least in 4.8) - I may sound unsure cause I've
only recently switched platforms from Linux to FreeBSD just to be different.

> at Apache 2.0.48-dev, you have to do the chmod() on the lock file, like
> mod_ssl does in that branch

OK. Is there an API that returns what the APR_LOCK_DEFAULT mutex will be?

> so you can figure out what kind of mutex it is and, if it is fcntl, do
> the chmod() yourself, or hope that 2.0 is changed to handle this issue
> for you

That would be the ideal solution, but I'm not sure I can wait until
2.0.48. Plus not everyone upgrades when they should, so I need a work
around.

BTW are there any version macros in Apache 2 or the APR like:

	APACHE_VERSION_MAJOR
	APACHE_VERSION_MINOR

	APR_VERSION_MAJOR
	APR_VERSION_MINOR

that can be tested at compile time to handle variations?

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ: 7116561         AIM: Sir Wumpus