httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Time for 2.2?
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 01:32:29 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> --On Tuesday, September 02, 2003 13:40:23 -0700 Stas Bekman
> <stas@stason.org> wrote:
>
>> Before 2.2 is even considered shouldn't all the outstanding design issues
>> be fixed first? e.g. there are at least several design problems with
>> filters.
>

> Aren't you just talking about the fact that it's not a doubly-linked
> list? This leads to the oddness when removing the first connection
> filter, right?
>
> I wouldn't call that a design flaw.  It's a revert of a prior commit
> that removed DLLs.  -- justin

I remember you told me that rbb removed it because it didn't quite work, no?

Another problem with filters design is the init_filter function. I forgot the
details, I hope Geoff can give them, as he has messed with it.

Yet another issue was with the filters in sub-requests. I don't remember if it
was completely resolved (copying the stack...)