httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Apache-Mailing <apa...@moresecurity.org>
Subject mod_ssl and slow first connection
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:20:20 GMT
Hi,

I am actually doing bench on ssl and apache 2.0.47
I can notice that the first connection is slow and the popup about the
server certificate take time (~40sec) to show up.

When i read the log, i can see the BIO debug say that it is waiting
data.
Then after the ~40 sec, it continue to process the request without error
or warning messages.

I changed ciphers and did more test disabling/enabling options and it's
still the same.

The problem is the same with IE and Netscape.

I found a little patch for IE which seems to correct the bug but the
problem is still here with netscape.

Does somebody heard about such a problem ?

Matthieu