httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David Burry" <dbu...@tagnet.org>
Subject Re: strip rewritelog functionality per compiler option
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 05:44:32 GMT
I agree entirely, as the documentation says, rewrite rules
are "voodoo" and often very hard to understand what's going
on and why a given ruleset isn't working as expected (which
is not the same as an error in the errorlog, more of a user
error).  The inability to trace through what it's doing in
the rewritelog would have made many of my past interesting
rulesets impossible to create.  Taking it out of production
sites is a great optimization, but definitely not a good
thing for site development.

Dave