httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server listen.c
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 23:08:40 GMT
  Right, so default to "::" for IPV6.  Either way, these two versions of
find_addresses() should be sync'ed up.

Brad

Brad Nicholes
Senior Software Engineer
http://www.novell.com

>>> justin@erenkrantz.com Wednesday, August 13, 2003 5:00:21 PM >>>
--On Wednesday, August 13, 2003 16:57:34 -0600 Brad Nicholes
<BNICHOLES@novell.com> wrote:

> in the non-getaddrinfo() implementation).  It seems that both
> implementations should be sync'ed up to produce the same results.
It
> appears that defaulting to "0.0.0.0" rather than NULL would be the
safer
> thing to do.

But, that's an IPv4 address, but we support IPv6.

Apparently, this series of commits broke Linux.  I bet this is where
Joe's
ADDRCONFIG patch comes into play.  Looking into it now.  -- justin