httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: strip rewritelog functionality per compiler option
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 20:51:51 GMT
* Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> --On Thursday, July 31, 2003 04:41:07 +0200 André Malo <nd@perlig.de> wrote:
>
>> On high-traffic production sites it is unlikely that RewriteLog will ever
>> be used, so it may be desirable to strip the code entirely per compiler
>> option from mod_rewrite.
>
> I'd support removing RewriteLog entirely in 2.1.
>
> If mod_rewrite has an error, it needs to go to the main errorlog.  We did
> the same with mod_ssl a while back.  -- justin

Hmm, errors are already written into the errorlog. The rewritelog is mostly
useful for debugging purposes (both for code and rulesets). Therefore I'd
leave it in by default. But as said, running production sites, or webspace
providers, where the user don't have httpd.conf access probably want to strip
it out.

nd