httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <>
Subject Re: Spam Using SMTP "Over" HTTP-Proxy
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:58:47 GMT
On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Joshua Slive wrote:

> I think we've done pretty-much all we can.  I wouldn't mind putting a
> little note on the homepage saying "Have you secured your
> proxy?" and point to the correct docs.

Additionally, Eli and I have been conversing a bit more off-list, and it
does seem that having some additional blocking mechanism (besides IP-based
access control or password-based authentication) would be needed in some
cases where open HTTP proxy is intended but open SMTP tunneling is not.
Perhaps ProxyBlock will suffice.  Confirmation would be cool.

View raw message