httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/worker worker.c
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 06:07:40 GMT
On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 jwoolley@apache.org wrote:

> jwoolley    2003/08/27 22:54:44
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES
>                server/mpm/beos beos.c
>                server/mpm/experimental/leader leader.c
>                server/mpm/experimental/threadpool threadpool.c
>                server/mpm/mpmt_os2 mpmt_os2_child.c
>                server/mpm/netware mpm_netware.c
>                server/mpm/worker worker.c
>   Log:
>   Updated the various MPM's to use the new bucket_alloc_create_ex API
>   when necessary.  Which is to say that it's necessary in all cases except
>   for prefork, where the change to apr-util to have it use the allocator
>   from the pool passed in is already sufficient.

I've tested worker, leader, and threadpool to compile.  Jean-Jacques tells
me that the netware mpm seems to be working fine.

I have no idea how to make either perchild or the winnt MPM honor
MaxMemFree in any way at all.  The pool-recycling-and-passing-around logic
got a bit too complicated for me to follow easily.  If somebody could jump
in and give me a hint on those, I'd appreciate it.

Please double-check that your MPM's still compile and work, that they
honor the MaxMemFree setting, do not leak memory upon restart, do not
segfault on exit, etc.  :)

Thanks!

--Cliff

PS: Sorry for sending to so many people directly... just wanted to make
sure I caught everyone's attention.  :)