httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject mod_ssl POST issue? (fwd)
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 00:18:42 GMT

Anybody remember if we ever got around to implementing a workaound for the
POST method and per-directory renegotiations?

--Cliff

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 18:59:05 -0500
From: john lawler <jllawler@incodesystems.com>
To: jwoolley@apache.org
Subject: mod_ssl POST issue?

Hi Cliff,

I found the below quoted note on a messageboard.  This isn't still a bug in mod_ssl is it?
 I'm encountering similar behavior using a php POST method.

Thanks,

jl
  a.. From: Cliff Woolley
  b.. Subject: Re: POST / SSL / Client Certificates Problem
  c.. Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 12:00:50 -0700

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002 modssl.com@robot.hey.nu wrote:

> I'm using Apache 2 beta, mod_ssl (obviously), and a few self-signed
> client certificates. My problem is that when I try to POST to a .cgi
> file, I get the following error: "Method not allowed! The POST method is
> not allowed for the requested URL."

This is a known issue with mod_ssl for Apache 2.0... it's on the
modules/ssl/TODO list.

Thanks,
Cliff