httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: Using/citing Apache in book -- trademark/copyright?
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 23:42:36 GMT
On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Sujay Parekh wrote:

> My colleagues and I are writing a book in which reference will be made to
> the Apache Web Server (such as normally found in research papers, eg, "our

As a side note, the official name is "Apache HTTP Server" not "Apache Web
Server".

> I saw on your FAQ that we should use the wording "Apache is a trademark
> of The Apache Software Foundation, and is used with permission."

It also says: "This is not necessary in the case of all-inclusive
attribution language such as, 'All marks are the properties of their
respective owners.'"  That said, the board of the directors is the right
place to ask about this... they're the ones in charge of granting such
permissions.  Their email address is listed at: