httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sujay Parekh <su...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Using/citing Apache in book -- trademark/copyright?
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 23:25:35 GMT
Hi,

Not sure where to send this query, so hopefully the right person is to be
found on one of these lists.

My colleagues and I are writing a book in which reference will be made to
the Apache Web Server (such as normally found in research papers, eg, "our
testbed using the Apache Web Server v 1.3.19", and "MaxClients in Apache
works as follows" etc etc.).  Our book, "Feedback Control of Computing
Systems" will be published by Wiley Interscience.  I saw on your FAQ that
we should use the wording "Apache is a trademark of The Apache Software
Foundation, and is used with permission."

However, I'm unclear about how we get permission. Please advise.
Sujay Parekh
Research Associate
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
sujay@us.ibm.com