httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: Time for 2.2?
Date Sun, 31 Aug 2003 21:56:38 GMT
On 31/08/2003, at 09:21, Sander Striker wrote:

> Indeed.  Since 2.2 is already about the AAA rewrite it would be nice
> to include
> the final step on that subject aswell.
>
>> Thoughts?  -- justin
>
> What about: I'll do a 2.1 release at the same time as 2.0.48?

Just to prevent any misunderstandings: are we talking about a 2.2
*alpha* or
*beta* release here, or what will it be called? If it's in any way
marked as *unstable*,
then a clear +1 from my side. The recent changes are definitely worth
to get
tested in the wild, IMHO.

A X.Y release where X and especially Y > 0 is often perceived as a
major bug fix
release in my experience (fwiw) and I'd like to ensure that nobody is
expecting too
much... hmm, but perhaps I'm too fussy about this?

Cheers,
Erik