httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark W. Webb" <m...@dolphtech.com>
Subject Re: [Slightly OT] compiled source distribution question
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:51:05 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
It appears that I may distribute only the parts of the compiled that I
so desire, as long as I retain all disclaimer/copyright info.<br>
Cliff Woolley wrote:<br>
 cite="midPine.GSO.4.53.0308111424200.29470@cobra.cs.Virginia.EDU">
  <pre wrap="">On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Mark W. Webb wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">If I compile apache, and distribute the binaries, are there any
requirements on what I package in my application?  For instance, must I
distribute the manual files that get installed when I perform a "make
install" ?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
The license tells you what the requirements are:

 *
 *    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
 *    the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
 *    distribution.
 *
 * 3. The end-user documentation included with the redistribution,
 *    if any, must include the following acknowledgment:
 *       "This product includes software developed by the
 *        Apache Software Foundation (<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.apache.org/">http://www.apache.org/</a>)."
 *    Alternately, this acknowledgment may appear in the software itself,
 *    if and wherever such third-party acknowledgments normally appear.
 *
 * 4. The names "Apache" and "Apache Software Foundation" must
 *    not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this
 *    software without prior written permission. For written
 *    permission, please contact <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:apache@apache.org">apache@apache.org</a>.
 *
 * 5. Products derived from this software may not be called "Apache",
 *    nor may "Apache" appear in their name, without prior written
 *    permission of the Apache Software Foundation.

--Cliff
  </pre>