httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <>
Subject Re: anybody ever heard of a ProxyPassCookie patch
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 20:27:03 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> and why it was never integrated into Apache 1.3?
> It is described here:
> There is also such a patch in the old bug db and at least one other open
> PR about the need for such a feature (updating domains in cookies during
> reverse proxy operations).
> I didn't see any comments in the PRs about technical problems with such
> a feature, but I'm curious if anybody knows of some.

Such a feature would need to be configurable, as the change to the path
in the cookie might not necessarily be what the person intended.

For example:

ProxyPass /foo http://backend/

would cause the cookie backend path "/" to be changed to "/foo". The
user may want the cookie path to stay "/".

					over Bourbon Street

View raw message