httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Time for 2.2?
Date Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:48:04 GMT
Looking at nd's recent mod_rewrite and mod_include changes including the aaa
rewrite (and some other changes and new modules that just weren't backported),
I'm starting to think this is about the 'right feel' for a 2.2 release.  2.1
has essentially been open since last September.

So, I think we should start producing 2.1 unstable releases with a goal of
producing a stable 2.2 release in a few months.

The one issue I'd like resolved before starting a 2.1 release cycle is
figuring out if we can axe ap_*_client_block (as this is a major API change).
I think Sander's mentioned something about changing how authorization hooks
are called, but I don't know if he's prepared to do it 'soon.'

Thoughts?  -- justin