httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: strip rewritelog functionality per compiler option
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 20:44:14 GMT
On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 01:11:42PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> I'd support removing RewriteLog entirely in 2.1.
>
> If mod_rewrite has an error, it needs to go to the main errorlog.  We did
> the same with mod_ssl a while back.  -- justin

The RewriteLog is no ordinary error log, just like SSLLogLevel trace weren't.
The purpose is to debug things that might not do exactly as expected, not
just plain error logging.
I didn't like the fact that the ssl log went into the common error log for
just that reason, but to do the same to the RewriteLog would be even more
of a PITA.
</rant>

vh

Mads Toftum