httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Austin Gonyou <aus...@coremetrics.com>
Subject httpd 1.3 running processes mem usage
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 17:33:36 GMT
If I have a Linux server using httpd 1.3 and has 1GB ram and has 1012
httpd processes. When I look at that process's ram stats, I have a
vmSize of say 7032KB, vmRSS of 2056KB, and  vmEXE of 2072KB.

Is the size I'm most concerned with when looking at per/process memory
utilization going to be vmSize? We're trying to tune our servers a bit
better until we're ready to move to httpd2, which will sometime at the
beginning of 2004. But help around this diagnosis would be appreciated.

TIA.

--
Austin Gonyou <austin@coremetrics.com>
Coremetrics, Inc.