httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: mod_speling: ignore dotfiles
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2003 21:40:53 GMT
* Joshua Slive wrote:

> I don't think this warrents a new directive: the current behavior is just
> bad.  But I also don't think it is correct to just give up in this case.
> A very quick look at mod_speling leads me to believe that the problem is
> the stuff inside the #ifdef WANT_BASENAME_MATCH.  I would guess that
> making that conditional on dotloc!=0 would solve the problem.  But I'm
> not in a position to test my theory right now.

It would just change the Checkspelling directive arguments  to
On|Off|WithoutDotfiles.
And would affect the normal spelling adjustment, too, e.g.
/foo would be redirected to /.foo if it exists (or not, if withoutdotfiles).

In the meantime we've had the idea here to grab the IndexIgnore setting from
mod_autoindex instead, which seems to be more reasonable somehow ...?

nd