httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/generators mod_status.c mod_status.dsp mod_status.h
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:27:07 GMT
* Joe Orton wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 08:01:43PM -0000, nd@apache.org wrote:
>> nd          2003/07/22 13:01:43
>>
>>   Modified:    modules/generators mod_status.c mod_status.dsp mod_status.h
>>   Log:
>>   fix mod_status compilation on Win32 (stolen from mod_dav).
>>
>>   We should consider a rename of AP_*_HOOK_* to CORE_*_HOOK_* ;-)
>
> Are these STATUS_DECLARE_* things really needed?

In general - yes. If you'd use AP_DECLARE (as before), VC confuses dllimport
vs. dllexport. We want to export the function from mod_status.so
(STATUS_DECLARE_*), but import stuff from core (AP_DECLARE_*). Thatswhy the
extra namespace.

We don't need *all* these declarations currently, but perhaps some time in the
future. Then it will be there and nobody will shoot himself in the foot,
because of missing declarations.

(If you have a look into mod_dav or mod_ldap, you'll see the same thing with
other namespaces, namely DAV and LDAP).

nd