httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Fw: Spam postings via Apache to postfix on the same host
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2003 18:44:25 GMT

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003, David Reid wrote:
> > 203.98.177.86 - - [24/Jun/2003:12:33:27 +0200] "POST
> > http://xx.xx.xx.xx:25/  HTTP/1.1" 200 208

Yes, it's an apache configuration problem.  They set "ProxyRequests On"
without properly securing their proxy server.  This means they can be
abused for tons of purposes, one of which is spam.

One possible thing we could do is simply remove the sample proxy config
from our default httpd.conf.  These samples make it too easy for people to
activate a proxy without securing it properly.

Joshua.