httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: suexec+CGI = zombies in 1.3.28
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 02:10:46 GMT
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Adam Warner wrote:

> Just a long shot but is the regression in 2.0.47 as well? I've been
> getting defunct processes with nothing being served and the clincher is
> that all my HTML pages are served via CGI/suexec.

While it's certainly possible it's broken in 2.0.47, it's unlikely to be
exactly the same thing, since the related code is completely different in
2.0.  I perused the changes between 2.0.46 and 2.0.47 just now and didn't
see too many things that were overly suspicious.

 - server/core.c r1.225.2.7 (not likely)
 - modules/generators/mod_cgid.c r1.145.2.6 (possible but unlikely)
 - srclib/apr/file_io/unix/readwrite.c r1.86 (possible)

There are obviously a bunch of other things that changed, but none of them
really jump off the diff at me.  You might try reverting the above changes
one at a time and see if that helps.

Sorry this is so vague... I just don't have a good way to reproduce the
problem so all I can do is guess.

--Cliff