httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.27 mod_proxy 'docs' issue
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:51:44 GMT
At 04:20 PM 7/23/2003, Joshua Slive wrote:
>Another thought on this issue:
>
>Should we include
>ProxyBlock :25
>in our recommended configuration?
>
>I haven't tested this, but it seems like it should be effective at
>stopping the http->smtp gateway.  And really, this type of gateway is a
>bad idea, even on properly secured proxies.

If you look at how restrictive the default AllowConnect directive is, then
it isn't unreasonable to consider the reporter's orginal suggestion for some
AllowProxy directive as well.  Your suggestion would eliminate port 25,
if it behaves as we expect, but that doesn't solve the problem for other ports.

Bill