httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: Message: winnt_accept: Asynchronous AcceptEx failed.
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:55:16 GMT

> Alex Bereznyi wrote:
>
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > We see a lot of WARNING messages in Windows Event Log:
>  >
>  > * *
>  >
>  > *winnt_accept**: Asynchronous AcceptEx failed. *
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > The actual error is always 995: ERROR_OPERATION_ABORTED - The I/O
>  > operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an
>  > application request.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > It's coming from *server\mpm\winnt\child.c*
>  >
>  > The call:
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > GetOverlappedResult((HANDLE)context->accept_socket,
>  >
>  >                                              &context->Overlapped,
>  >
>  >                                              &BytesRead, FALSE)
>  >
>  >
I've looked at this a bit and I amend my last answer to this thread.  I
can see no good reason (and some very bad reasons) for
GetOverlappedResult failing here with this error.  My guess... you have
a package that installed a network service provider filter and that
filter is somehow doing a close on the event handle in the overlapped
structure. Or perhaps another thread in the server is closing the
handle. Do you have any other interesting modules loaded into the
server?. What level of Apache 2 are you using? Can you tell me anything
else about the circumstances when you see these messages?  Can you
associate any changes in your environment or configuration with the
appearance of these message in your log files?

Bill