httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Reder" <rede...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: Two mod_include problems
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:45:31 GMT
Its mostly a matter of pedantics. :)

Logically the reset should be linked to the actual action
of passing the bytes. In your hypothetical else there are
no bytes, so *all* existing (i.e. 0) bytes have been sent.

The problem I see with that is that if code is added later,
involving setaside bytes or some other method of keeping
some parts around, we might end up with something like:

      if (ctx->state == PRE_HEAD) {
          if (!empty) {
              pass
              /* reset deleted from here */
          }
          else if (empty & leftovers) {
                  foo
          }
          reset  /* reset added here */
      }

and the person doesn't realize the affinity that "reset"
should have with "pass". "foo" doesn't actually pass anything
and therefore shouldn't "reset", but that has been lost by
moving the "reset" outside of the "pass" context.

I'm trying to prevent potential future confusion. Does that
make sense?

Paul J. Reder

--
Paul J. Reder