httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eduardo Franco <eduardo.fra...@pulso.com.br>
Subject Re: mod isapi
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 00:02:10 GMT
I think the better question would be: Since when I can't use mod_isapi under
Linux?

If I can compile it as a shared object... why not use it?!

I perfect use case for this would be:

I've a product for WIN + IIS it's a ISAPI extension/filter, now I've to
por it to Linux + Apache... to don't split my product into two components...
I decided to port the ISAPI extension/filter to linux and run it on mod_isapi
+ mod_filter (module I'd created to emulate the ISAPI filter).

Now it's just one Project for two plataforms... it's wonderful to manage!
:)

Ok! I'm a lunatic... but it save me a lot of time... But try it out with
gcc + Windows... you'll see the same error. It's a problem o language standard
not OS specific!

And the signature of the function in mod_isapi.h is different from the ISAPI
specification! Wich require a return type of int!

Best,

Eduardo Franco