httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite.h cleanup?
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:54:39 GMT
On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 03:53:55PM -0400, Cliff Woolley wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, André Malo wrote:
>
> > parts from the header file. (i.e. all, except the ap_register_mapfunc stuff),
> > so that other modules that include mod_rewrite.h (say, in order to register a
> > map function) find a clean file.
> >
> > Are there any objections against?

No objection!

> PLEEEASSE do this if you're so inclined... it's always a huge pita to
> modify mod_rewrite because you have to remember to modify the header file
> too, and no other module does that, so you end up getting stupid prototype
> mismatches and you keep having to go back and forth.

Actually, mod_dav.h has some "private" stuff for modules/dav/main/. It is a
bit different from mod_rewrite in that mod_rewrite is a single file, so
there isn't a whole lot of reason to put non-public stuff into its header.
But still... it wasn't entirely fair to say that mod_rewrite.h was the only
offender :-)

Splitting out a dav_private.h would be very nice...

Now where's that Round Tuit that I had...

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/