httpd-dev mailing list archives

From weig...@metux.de
Subject Re: DNS+HTTP redirection system inside an Apache module
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 21:54:46 GMT
On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 11:06:04PM +0200, Michal Szymaniak wrote:

hi,

<snip>

> for those of you who are interested in doing weird things in Apache,
> I would like to advertise NetAirt -- a brand new redirection system inside
> an Apache module. It supports both DNS- and HTTP-based redirection,
> and can be used to implement Akamai-like 2-level redirection system.
> And yes, it implements a UDP server inside an Apache module (although
> with a few-lines patch).

Thats really cool :)
I'm using an self written server replication system, which syncs
all content,code,config,databases between multiple hosts, which are
located in different cities. Yet I didnt come to writing an redirector
for automatic balancing (i still have to change the zonefile).
An completely automatic redirection with load balancing would be very
nice for me.
As soom as my schedule allows, i'll have a look at it.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux ITS
 Webhosting ab 5 EUR/Monat.          UUCP, rawIP und vieles mehr.

 fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact@metux.de
 cellphone: +49 174 7066481	     smsgate:   sms.weigelt@metux.de
 Diese Mail wurde mit UUCP versandt.      http://www.metux.de/uucp/