httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Ashcraft <>
Subject What is the point of aprutil.exp?
Date Sun, 27 Jul 2003 05:18:44 GMT

I'm trying to run the Metacompiler ( It
uses compile-time analysis to find bugs) on httpd-2.0.47.  I'm very new
to the source base, so I'd appreciate your help on the following:  I'm
having trouble figuring out where a bunch of function pointers are
used.  It appears that functions like

are only ever used in the files server/exports.c and
srclib/apr/exports.c.  These exports.c files are concatenated to
aprutil.exp during the build process, but I don't understand what
aprutil.exp is used for.  I don't see it referenced anywhere else.  And
those functions mentioned above manage to get linked into some .so
files, but I don't see who calls them.

Is this how modules interface with the core code?  If so, does that mean
that these functions can be called asynchronously?

thanks for your help,

View raw message