httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Alderfer, Tim" <TimAlder...@glog.com>
Subject RE: Apache2 and HPUX...apr libs....Solution
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:56:02 GMT

Regards,

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Alderfer, Tim [mailto:TimAlderfer@glog.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 12:27 PM
To: 'dev@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: Apache2 and HPUX...apr libs

Hello,

How do I get Apache compiled so that httpd will dynamically look at relative
paths for the apr libraries? libapr-0.sl.9, libexpat.sl.1,
libaprutil-0.sl.9.  This was not an issue prior to Apache2 because all of
the libs were compiled in the executable.  This is not the case with
Apache2.  I would like to avoid having to copy these libs into /usr/lib.
Is there a way to compile Apache to use all relative paths to the libs?
Here's the output from chatr.  Please help!

             dynamic   /usr/lib/libpthread.1
             dynamic
/app/install/apache/binaries/apache/lib/libaprutil-0.sl.9
             dynamic   /app/install/apache/binaries/apache/lib/libexpat.sl.1
             dynamic   /app/install/apache/binaries/apache/lib/libapr-0.sl.9
             dynamic   /usr/lib/libm.2
             dynamic   /usr/lib/libnsl.1
             dynamic   /usr/lib/libdld.2
             dynamic   /usr/lib/libc.2