httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc M. Adkins" <mma...@Doorways.org>
Subject AddHandler scope
Date Sun, 29 Jun 2003 21:05:56 GMT
Apache 2.0.46, W2K

I've been working on a module and quite unexpectedly I found that my
AddHandler directive was taking affect at a global level even though it was
defined within a virtual host block.  So it was affecting Apache manual
pages that weren't in the virtual host for which I had created the
AddHandler directive.  Am I misunderstanding the scope of AddHandler?

I am using named virtual host.  For testing I have all of the named hosts
defined in my HOSTS file to point to 127.0.0.1.  So in a sense it all goes
to the same place.  I wouldn't have thought that would have made a
difference.

mma