httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc M. Adkins" <mma...@Doorways.org>
Subject RE: Config blocks
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:09:18 GMT
> Encouraged, although if we do overhaul the parser from two to three passes
> you might have a bit of porting work, and your module probably
> won't remain compatible with most apache 'configurators'.

So it goes.

> If you are doing your own thing, look at macro or perl modules.
> If you are
> implementing a scoped apache block, look at mod_proxy instead, which
> processes <proxy 'location'> directives.  It's a good example of
> adding new
> Apache directive contexts.

The mod_macro and mod_perl code both seem to read from the configuration
file via ap_cfg_getline until they find the terminating tag for the block.
I'm unable to find a corresponding loop in mod_proxy.  It looks, instead, as
if ap_walk_config is used instead.  Does this mean that at the time of the
call to process the open tag of the block the configuration file has already
been processed into a tree structure?  'Cause that certainly makes life a
_lot_ easier.

mma