httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Van Biesen <peter.vanbie...@vlafo.be>
Subject apache 2.0.46 : segmentation fault or hangs system
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2003 09:18:35 GMT
Hi,

a couple of weeks ago I upgraded our servers from 2.0.43 to 2.0.46.
Since then, child processes on our internal server either exit with a
segmentation fault or keep running but take all CPU power. Hanging
processes occur at a rate of about 5 per hour. As far as I can see the
URLs they are serving are not special and work fine with other child
processes - however, they are all proxy requests.

We are using two apache 2.0.46 is a proxy chain, the internal webserver
hands all requests to the external apache 2.0.46. The external apache
does not have that problem, however, when an error occurs connecting to
a remote site or when an invalid status line is received, I noticed it
does not exit cleanly and an 'invalid status line' error is received
also by the internal server.

I tried to SIGQUIT a hanging childprocess to get a core but it does not
respond ... Is there a way to make a child process core ( I didn't find
a core anywhere ) when receiving a segmentation fault ?

The systems are HPUX 11.0 .

Thanks in advance !

Peter.

--