httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Knight <Christopher.D.Kni...@nasa.gov>
Subject "hello world" example module...?
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:45:10 GMT
Would there be any interest in including example modules with the Apache
source distribution? And/or could a complete example module be included
in the documentation for developers? (Personally I'd prefer it be
included in the source distribution...The web documentation has become
quite out of date in places and it's more likely to be current if it
could be included in the distribution test suite.)

Yesterday, in trying to convey how to implement a module, I developed a
"hello world" example module that has a "handler" hook that responds
with a canned message to all requests. (It demonstrates hooks, and I
have a slightly more complex example showing how to read per-directory
configurations.)

I would have found a barebones example immensely useful and would have
saved me much time and code-grepping.

Anyways, I've attached my "hello world" module. Please
comment/correct/chastise as you see fit, I am by no means an expert. ;^>