httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: headers for an input filter in AP_FTYPE_CONNECTION mode ?
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:22:22 GMT
Philipp Reisner wrote:
> Now since I can do input (request) filtering with mod_ext_filter,
> I tried to set ftype = AP_FTYPE_CONNECTION and expected to get
> the headers. If you set ftype to AP_FTYPE_CONNECTION on an output
> filter, it will get the complete response including headers.

On output, the headers are already known by the time we get to a
connection filter.  On input, the connection filter sees the request
data from the client before any parsing has been performed.

So my point of respecting the astute user's desire to make an input
filter something other than AP_FTYPE_RESOURCE probably has some required
checks, like forgoing worrying about content type if there is no
r/r->headers_in.

btw, itching to get to your latest patch...

> I have to add that I deployed my input filter on a name based
> vhost. -- Does anyone know it if does work with an IP based
> vhost ?

I don't know why it would matter.