httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: mod_ssl broken as DSO in HEAD
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:36:01 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> --On Tuesday, June 17, 2003 12:07 PM -0400 Jeff Trawick
> <trawick@attglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> ap_hook_pre_config_ex() should work
>

> I'd be fine with a new hook in 2.0, but 2.1+ should just have pre_config
> modified to always take that pool parameter.  I don't see a need to keep
> cruft around just for cruft's sake.

of course (like apr_socket_create_ex() only in pre-1.0 APR)

for this particular hook it doesn't seem problematic...  modules should
only care that they get called at all, with no order requirements, right?

   ap_run_pre_config()
   ap_run_pre_config_ex()

for access checker OTOH some magic would be necessary to run things in
the right order if something horrible happens and we need extended
flavor of access checker