httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Error on Apache 2.0.43 compilation on AIX 4.3.2
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2003 13:23:08 GMT
Rahul Kohli wrote:
> I am installing apache 2.0.43 on AIX 4.3.2 using gcc version 3.2.3.
>
> While installing (make) I am getting the following errors:
>
> In file included from /usr/include/sys/pri.h:29,
>                  from /usr/include/sys/sched.h:38,
>                  from /usr/include/sched.h:52,
>                  from /usr/include/pthread.h:43,
>                  from ../../include/apr_portable.h:90,
>                  from dir.c:57:
> /usr/include/sys/proc.h:203: syntax error before "crid_t"
> /usr/include/sys/proc.h:212: syntax error before "p_class"
> /usr/include/sys/proc.h:355: syntax error before '}' token
> make[4]: *** [dir.lo] Error 1

> I searched for the similiar error and find the possible resolution is building gcc on
aix 4.3.2

definitely...  gcc's mangled copy of includes doesn't match your system,
so you get a mismatch of old and new declearations

> Please let me know if the resolution lies in building gcc on AIX m/c and if yes
 >then which gcc version should i go for.

the problem lies in gcc, so presumably building it on your box will fix
it... maybe you can find out from gcc gurus how to run the procedure to
re-mangle the includes ("fixincludes" is the name of the program or
processing step)...  if so, I would appreciate hearing how to do that...

the only pre-built version of gcc I personally can vouch for as
unproblematic with Apache 1.3/2.0 is IBM's RPM of gcc, but I believe it
requires AIX >= 4.3.3  (google for >IBM RPM gcc AIX< to see for sure)