httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: where is apr_sendfile() implementation?
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 16:45:52 GMT
Albert Yu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am debugging httpd 2.0.45, I found a problem to read files
> on QStar repository.

some filesystems don't support sendfile properly

use "EnableSendfile Off" in the right directory container

> I found sendfile_it_all() in core.c calls apr_sendfile()

apr_sendfile() is mapped to apr_socket_sendfile() (apr_sendfile() is a
deprecated name)

> I searched the whole source code in the source package, I
> just could not find its implementation. I added printf() to
> all apr_socket_sendfile(),
> they seem not being called.

there are a bunch of apr_socket_sendfile() implementations in
srclib/apr/network_io/unix/sendrecv.c and I guess in an analogous win32
file as well

but it is almost 100% certain that you've got a filesystem-specific
limitation and you'll need to use "EnableSendfile Off" (see the docs at
httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/)