httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Bug 18388: Set-Cookie header not honored on 304 (Not modified) status
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 18:04:19 GMT
Ryan Eberhard wrote:

> Despite the quote from Roy Fielding, I stand by my claim that Set-Cookie
> is a response-header and not an entity-header.

I would say a cookie is an entity header, in that in its typical use,
the cookie value is bound somehow to the page that comes along with it.

For example, a cookie might (and often does) contain a session id, while
the content of the page is delivered unique to the session. If the
cookie is considered a request header, then the possiblity exists for a
different session id to be delivered with the original content, which
does not necessarily match that session id.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street