httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: FW: httpd.exp for Apache 2.0.43
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 23:23:55 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Run-time linking on AIX isn't a set of libraries to link with; it is
> instead a particular mode of resolving symbols with shared libraries
> that doesn't use hard-coded paths such as those specified in httpd.exp,
> apr.exp, and aprutil.exp.
>
> Instead of telling the linker to look in httpd.exp/apr.exp/aprutil.exp
> to see how to find those routines, you add -Wl,-G to the linker options
> to tell it not to worry about where the routines come from but instead
> to search for them when the shared library is loaded.

When I've ported mod_perl 2.0 build to AIX, I have resorted to just using
-berok (which is one of the flags enabled by -G). -G itself didn't quite work,
I don't remember why. However I was told that it depends on which compiler is
used, I've heard that this postpone-symbol-resolving doesn't always work.