httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: FW: Apache socket question
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 11:33:51 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:
> Jeff Trawick wrote:
>

>>my suggestion on apache-modules was to set c->aborted in the
>>pre-connection hook, presumably after passing the descriptor
>>successfully to another process
>>
>>ap_lingering_close() doesn't perform the shutdown() if c->aborted
>

> Icky! Presumably the nice thing to do would be to invent a flag that
> inhibits the shutdown?

unclear to me whether or not skipping shutdown() is intrinsically linked
to c->aborted...  I wouldn't be surprised if it is...  some digging into
ancient 1.3 commit logs may offer some help on this issue

if it isn't intrinsically linked, allowing the module to tailor behavior
via a hook seems much better than adding flags for modules to tell us to
skip one sort of processing or another

btw, this module needs to doing something to set c->aborted anyway