httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Kohli" <rahul_ko...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: FW: httpd.exp for Apache 2.0.43
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 11:26:48 GMT
Jeff,

I was able to resolve the shmmat error by exporting the environment variable EXTSHM.

Please suggest me how can I  make my library compatible to later versions as well. Right now
I have made a change to remove -G and -brtl option and using apr.exp , aprutil.exp.exp.

The link line is mentioned below:

/usr/vacpp/bin/makeC++SharedLib_r  -p 0 -bnoipath ../../Rosette30/unix/lib/aix-xlC_r/libbtunicode.so
-b
M:SRE -berok -bnoentry -blibpath:/usr/lib/threads:/usr/ibmcxx/lib:/usr/lib:/lib -s -bI:/usr/IBMIHS/modules/http
d.exp -bI:/usr/IBMIHS/lib/apr.exp -bI:/usr/IBMIHS/lib/aprutil.exp -bE:my_lib.exp

But how can I make this work on 2.0.45 version and later. Kindly suggest.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Trawick [mailto:trawick@attglobal.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 4:28 PM
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: FW: httpd.exp for Apache 2.0.43

Rahul Kohli wrote:

> We are able to load the library by importing symbols from apr.exp and aprutil.exp and

 >removing the -G option.

There's an issue with that for you to be aware of...

Build with Apache < 2.0.45, and apr.exp and aprutil.exp specify that the
names of apr and aprutil are libapr.so and libaprutil.so.  Build with
Apache >= 2.0.45 and those exp files specify that the names are
libapr-0.so and libaprutil-0.so.  The dependencies in your DSO will
affect that and you'll hit a binary incompatibility, since Apache >=
2.0.45 makes no provision for the names of apr and apr-util changing.

> But we are facing an error:
> " shmmat failed.  You may be trying to make a cache that is too large
 >or be doing apachectl restart."

Now I remember where I have heard of libtunicode before :)  You'll need
to contact the 3rd-party module vendor since that is not an Apache
message, and we cannot suggest what sort of module configuration may be
appropriate for your platform.

There are some hints about external configuration at

http://publibn.boulder.ibm.com/doc_link/en_US/a_doc_lib/libs/basetrf2/shmat.htm

but surely the people who are familiar with that module can help.