httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Kohli" <rahul_ko...@infosys.com>
Subject FW: httpd.exp for Apache 2.0.43
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 13:36:45 GMT
Thanks Jeff.

I am facing the same type of problem mentioned by you. Originally I was running my application
on Apache 1.3.26 & i was using httpd.exp. It was working fine. apachectl start started
the server properly & our library was loaded.

Now we are switching to apache 2.0.43 and facing error while starting apachectl. The error
is as below:
Syntax error on line 147 of /usr/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /home/agent5x/Installables/lib/my_lib.so into server:

I am using the httpd.exp as I did in 1.3.26. With this appraoch my library is not even getting
loaded. As per suggested by you in your reply it seems that the problem is with httpd.exp
approach. You mentioned the runtime linking approach. Which runtime libraries i need to link
my application with.

It will be of great help to us.

Kindly advise,

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Trawick [mailto:trawick@attglobal.net]
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 4:17 PM
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: httpd.exp for Apache 2.0.43

Rahul Kohli wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Where can i find httpd.exp for Apache 2.0.43 (AIX 4.3).

Install Apache then look in modules/httpd.exp in the install path; there
will also be apr.exp and aprutil.exp in the lib directory.

Note that the usual way to build modules on AIX with Apache 2.0 is to
use run-time linking instead of using something like httpd.exp.  See
what apxs does.  But the exp files used to export symbols from httpd,
libapr, and libaprutil are provided.  Unfortunately, you'll run into a
binary compatibility problem if you don't use run-time linking since
libapr and libaprutil changed names with 2.0.45.  Modules using the
recommended build procedure weren't affected.

 From 2.0.43:

$ cat lib/apr.exp
#! libapr.so

 From 2.0.45: