httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: fixed -- mod_mime.c#find_ct() redux
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 17:31:16 GMT
--On Thursday, June 5, 2003 10:21 AM -0700 Chris Knight
<Christopher.D.Knight@nasa.gov> wrote:

> I think because content_type was already defined, it skipped calling
> ap_run_type_checker?

I'm fairly sure it is run all the time, but I'd have to look to be sure.

> This is a major issue with non-fs backends...One option would be to re-do
> the filter to use a temporary file to feed to PHP (a gross hack, I know.)
> Thanks for the details/history...

And, that's an option that was suggested and discarded.  =)

> Good news is I now have a much firmer grasp of the internal workings of
> Apache...
>
> Is there an active project to write/improve the documentation of these
> internal workings?

Just submit patches to dev@httpd.  There's some stuff in
docs/manual/developer/ that might be a good starting point.  -- justin